The new show by Coco's Lunch, directed by Noel Jordan
Featuring the fiery new single by the same name, Other Plans is the latest show by Australia's magical purveyors of original a cappella, and brings to life the breathtaking art form of South Indian konnakol (vocal percussion) in a bold new way. With Creative Direction by Noel Jordan (Festival Director - Edinburgh International Children's Festival), this sparkling showcase of award-winning songs and elegant stagecraft takes audiences on a captivating journey through new konnakol-based works composed by Coco's Lunch artist Dr. Lisa Young, as well as iconic songs from the group’s acclaimed albums Blueprint and A Whole New Way of Getting Dressed.
‘Sheer joy... there are no down moments – just celebrations of life, places, love and unity… A national treasure indeed.’ The Clothesline, Adelaide (4.5 stars)
‘A colourful, round-the-world trip with no passport necessary, and each arrangement a celebration of the human voice — rich, intricate, and utterly captivating.’ The Advertiser, Adelaide
Fri 21 - Sun 23 Oct 2016
- Workshops, performance of new show Other Plans & competition judging all weekend!
- Venue: Tweed Civic & Cultural Centre
- Address: Cnr Brett & Wharf streets, Tweed Heads
- Tickets: All details here
- Registration open to vocal ensembles, choirs and individual singers. Program here.
- Enquiries: Brett Logan 0418 754 868 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Coco's Lunch for a brilliant weekend of singing workshops, performances, competitions and fun! SingFest is Australia's original A Cappella choral festival held on Australia's Gold Coast every two years. The cream of Australia's choral groups, vocal bands, A Cappela ensembles, quartets and school choirs converge for a weekend of vocal celebration and discovery! If you are a singer or member of a choir or vocal ensemble, this is your chance to escape to the warmer climes for an unforgettable weekend of performances, workshops, competitions, and social activities for choirs and small ensembles. Visit the Singfest website for more info.
- Time: 10.30-11.30am (no interval)
- Venue: Government House
- Address: Government House Drive, Melbourne
- Tickets: FREE - to register, visit the Melbourne Recital Centre website
- Suitable for families: children (pre-school or primary age) and their parents
Coco's Lunch Live is a special FREE 1 hour family concert held in the gorgeous Ballroom of Government House. Coco’s Lunch will perform material from their award-winning and ARIA nominated albums Rat Trap Snap!, Blueprint, I Wanna Be A Mermaid, and their latest single Other Plans, which won ‘Best Song Composed’ at the 2015 Australian A Cappella Awards and was featured on the USA Contemporary A Cappella Society of America’s 2015 compilation album Sing 12: This Big! Specially designed for families and featuring Coco's Lunch hits for kids and their grown-ups, this is a rare concert in a wonderful venue - not to be missed!
Government House presents the Governor’s Performance Series in partnership with Melbourne Recital Centre and Creative Victoria.
- Times: 10:00am & 11:30am (45 min show with no interval)
- Venue: Melbourne Recital Centre - The Salon
- Address: 31 Sturt Street, Melbourne, Victoria
- Tickets: $25 (available online here or call Box Office on 9699 3333)
- Suitable for children 3-8 years and babes-in-arms welcome
Coco’s Lunch have a talent for crafting beautiful harmonies that possess sophistication and sass …introducing kids to the wonders of jazz, African rhythm, swing and more. - Wellbeing Magazine, Australia
After many months on the high seas, combing deserted beaches and surf breaks, Australia’s multi award-winning vocal quintet Coco’s Lunch lands ashore with a treasure trove of rhythms, brilliant vocal harmonies, catchy sing-along choruses and surf moves to share! In the magical seaside vocal experience that has enchanted young audiences around Australia and NZ and sold out consecutive seasons at the Sydney Opera House, these five singer-percussionist-composers inspire young audiences to find their inner mermaid, pirate, seagull or surfer! Come dressed as a pirate, a mermaid, a surfer, or your favourite sea creature!
Presented by Melbourne Recital Centre
Thu 5 Nov 2015
Melbourne: 'OTHER PLANS' Single Launch
- Time: 8pm (doors 7:30pm)
- Venue: Bella Union
- Address: Level 1, Trades Hall, 54 Victoria Street (cnr Victoria & Lygon Streets), Carlton South
- Pre-sale tix: Adults $28+bf; Conc $23+bf; Groups (8+) $25+bf. Selling Fast - BOOK NOW.
- Door sales: Adults $34; Conc $28; Groups n/a.
Coco's Lunch is excited to present the long awaited Melbourne launch of the award-winning new single Other Plans ('Best Song Composed' - 2015 Australian A Cappella Awards). In a rare hometown appearance, Australia’s magical purveyors of original A Cappella perform the Melbourne premiere of their new show of the same name, directed by Noel Jordan. Other Plans showcases the fiery & breathtaking art of South Indian konnakol (vocal percussion) alongside the iconic & soulful songs that have earned Coco's Lunch recognition on the international stage. Featuring Gabrielle MacGregor, Nicola Eveleigh, Lisa Young, Jacqueline Gawler & Emma Gilmartin. This show will sell out - BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment.
Wed 10 - Thu 11 June 2015
Adelaide Cabaret Festival
Australian premiere: 'Other Plans'
- Times: Wed 10 June (7:30pm) & Thu 11 June (7:00pm)
- Venue: Space Theatre, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Address: King William Street, Adelaide
- Tickets & More Info
Launching their fiery new single Other Plans, Australia's 'magical purveyors of a cappella' bring to life the breathtaking art form of South Indian konnakol (vocal percussion). Coco's Lunch have been seducing audiences around the world, weaving a brilliant tapestry of vocal timbre and contemporary nuance with effortless jazz improvisation and global rhythm. With seven critically acclaimed original albums to their name you can expect a sparkling showcase of award-winning songs. Creative direction by Noel Jordan.
Sat 13 June 2015
Adelaide Cabaret Festival
Coco's Lunch for Kids: 'I Wanna Be A Mermaid'
- Times: 11am; 1pm
- Venue: Banquet Room, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Address: King William Street, Adelaide
- Tickets & More Info
Coco's Lunch lands ashore with a treasure trove of rhythms, brilliant vocal harmonies, catchy sing-along choruses and surf moves. This group has enchanted audiences around Australia and NZ and sold out seasons at the Sydney Opera House and inspires children to find their inner mermaid, pirate, seagull or surfer.
Coco's Lunch ignites the stage in a musical feast showcasing their quirky humour and African-inspired percussion featured on their latest CD for children, I Wanna Be A Mermaid, as well as hits from the ARIA-nominated album Rat Trap Snap! Directed by Vanessa Chapple.
Sat 21 Feb 2015
Torquay: Minya Winery
Coco's Lunch Live - 'Minya By Moonlight' Concert Series
- Time: 7:30pm
- Venue: Minya Vineyard and Winery
- Address: Minya Lane, Connewarre VIC (7 mins from Torquay)
- Tickets: $35 (includes complimentary glass of wine) or $50 (show and hamper – see below)
- Bookings: ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL Tel. 5264 1397 or 5225 1200 or book online here.
Join Coco's Lunch in their first show of the year at the Surfcoast's finest venue for fine wines and entertainment. Coco's Lunch perform breathtaking new repertoire and classic Coco's material from their award-winning albums, in a tranquil outdoor amphitheatre overlooking a beautiful billabong and island. Picnic hampers ($15) are available and are prepared for you to pick up on your arrival, and include a selection of antipasto, cheese, smoked salmon roll, fruits and nuts. Visitors only need to bring a cushion or rug, no chairs. Overnight accommodation available in the winery's cabins.
Featuring Jacqueline Gawler, Emma Gilmartin, Gabrielle MacGregor, Lisa Young and Nicola Eveleigh.
Thu 29 May 2014
'Flights of Fancy' - National Breast Cancer Foundation Fundraiser
- Time: 6.30pm
- Venue: Beautiful Room
- Address: 5 Theatre Place, Maling Road Canterbury VIC
- Bookings: ESSENTIAL! Call 03 9830 4045
- Tickets: $120
A rare chance to experience Coco's Lunch up close and intimate in a special concert at Beautiful Room for the Flights of Fancy event to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Including a silent auction, exhibition, refreshments and the stunning harmonies of Coco's Lunch singing some new Indian-inspired repertoire. An event not to be missed, and in support of a wonderful cause! Featuring Nicola Eveleigh, Gabrielle MacGregor, Lisa Young, Jacqueline Gawler, & Emma Gilmartin.
Sun 23 Feb 2014
Melbourne: White Night Festival
Coco's Lunch Live at dawn on the J & B stage, White Night
- Time: 6am-7am
- Venue: J+R & B Stage, Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne
- Tickets: free
- White Night website
In its 2013 debut, White Night Melbourne attracted more than 300,000 people. Commencing at 7pm on Saturday 22 February 2014, Melbourne's city streets, laneways, landmarks and cultural institutions will once again be transformed into a cultural playground from dusk-till-dawn - a celebration of music, food, film, art and light for one night only! Over 12 hours, in venues and major cultural institutions right across the city centre, visitors can participate in an urban adventure of exhibitions, street performances, fashion, lighting installations, film screenings, multimedia projections, concerts, dance and interactive events. Inspired by Paris' Nuit Blanche, the international network of White Night programs has grown to over 20 cities globally and Melbourne's own unique interpretation of this worldwide phenomenon will capture your imagination.
Coco's Lunch will be singing in the dawn at 6am with an unforgettable performance of magical vocal harmonies, including new Indian inspired material. Featuring Gabrielle MacGregor, Nicola Eveleigh, Jacqueline Gawler, Lisa Young & Emma Gilmartin.
17-26 Nov 2013
INDIA TOUR: Hindu NovemberFest
- Tue 19 Nov: Chennai - The Music Academy
- Fri 22 Nov: Kochi - JT Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 24 Nov: Hyderabad - Ravindra Bharathi Department of Culture
Coco's Lunch gratefully acknowledges funding support from the Australia India Council, and the Australian Consulate General, Chennai.
Sat 26 Oct 2013
Melbourne: Surrey Hills Music Festival
- Time: 8:00pm (doors and bar from 7:30pm)
- Venue: Holy Trinity Church Hall, Cnr Union Rd and Montrose St, Surrey Hills
- Tickets: With meal - Adult $35, Conc $30. Concert only - Adults $25, Conc $20 (Valid concessions: pensioner, full-time student, health care card holder - excluding Senior's card)
- Book on online here or call 9890 2467.
A rare opportunity to see Coco's Lunch live in Melbourne in an intimate setting to celebrate the closing of the Surrey Hills Music Festival, on the eve of their tour to India for the Hindu November Fest and showcasing new Indian influenced repertoire. Enjoy a delicious Indian curry before the Concert, served at the Neighbourhood Centre's Festival Cafe from 5pm (vegetarian option available).